form of mail sent by MadExcept

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
garymccartney

form of mail sent by MadExcept

Post by garymccartney »

I am being forced to switch my email program to Outlook. The program does not have the capability of searching attachments during rules processing. I use rules in my current email program to move emails to different folders. This cuts down the number of emails I have to search through looking for specific issues. Is there a way in MadExcept to not send the bug report as an attachment? I am currently using MadCollection 3.0n. I can upgrade if the capability exists in a later version. Thank you in advance for your help.
madshi
Site Admin

Re: form of mail sent by MadExcept

Post by madshi »

You can send the report in the email body by changing the email body text to e.g. "%bugReport%". However, IMHO that makes it harder to read/interpret the bug reports, because the emails are usually not shown with a monospace font. I'd suggest to extract key information which you want to set rules for and put them into the mail body, and leave the full bug report as an attachment. This should give you the best of both worlds. You can do this by registering a handler with madExcept.RegisterExceptActionHandler(stDontSync). In your handler look for "eaSendBugReport". You can then access to bug report properties by accessing "exceptIntf.BugReportHeader" and "exceptIntf.BugReportSections" and you can modify the email body by writing to "exceptIntf.MailBody". More details see documentation.