[SOLVED] Problems upgrading madExcept & madDisasm

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
blackpaw

[SOLVED] Problems upgrading madExcept & madDisasm

Post by blackpaw »

Upgrading a a install with madCollection 2.7.5.0, everything is licensed except for madExcept.

The upgrade runs fine with the old install being backed up, except that madDisasm and madExcept have neither source or .DCU files.

What to do?

thanks - Lindsay
Last edited by blackpaw on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Problems upgrading madExcept & madDisasm

Post by madshi »

If madExcept is not licensed then you don't get madDisAsm & madExcept source files. You should get DCU files if you manually activated (= made black) madExcept in the installer component selection window, though. Did you do that?
blackpaw

Post by blackpaw »

Yes I did. I also tried uninstalling then reinstalling, with either madExcept3 or madExcept4, but there is neither source or DCU's.

NB: This is for use with Delphi7
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Hmmmm... I've tried, but couldn't reproduce the problem here. Did you get the message box where the installer asked you to type in "yes" to confirm that you've read the madExcept non-commercial stuff?

When I install madExcept 4 here without a commercial license, I have to confirm that message box by typing in "yes", and then there's a Delphi 7 folder on my harddisk with the madExcept DCUs in it.
blackpaw

Post by blackpaw »

Did you get the message box where the installer asked you to type in "yes" to confirm that you've read the madExcept non-commercial stuff?
Yup.

Could it be a problem with it not detecting the presence of Delphi 7?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

I guess that would be possible. Does the key "HKCU\Software\Borland\Delphi\7.0" exist in the context of the user you run the installer in?
blackpaw

Post by blackpaw »

Does the key "HKCU\Software\Borland\Delphi\7.0" exist in the context of the user you run the installer in?
Yes, but it occurred to me that I had never actually run the delphi IDE on this PC - its just a command line build box. I ran Delphi, let it register, than ran your installer. This time it installed the Delphi 7 DCU's.

So problem solved - thanks!