Download older version

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
immer000

Download older version

Post by immer000 »

Madshi,
Would it be possible for you to have older and archived revisions available for download on the website ?
I am sometimes finding that newer versions introduce regressions and have to revert back.

Also, any way to have version reporting in the api ? A simple #define XXX_VERSION "2.7.4.0" in a .h file would be more than enough and would help a lot with on-site troubleshooting.
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Download older version

Post by madshi »

Hello,

I do keep old versions of my installer, but they're not available for public download. If you have a case where you need an old installer, you can just drop me an email with a short explanation of why you need an older version. I usually prefer to fix the regression instead of going back to an older version. The reason why I don't make the old installers public is that I've had trouble with malware programmers misusing madCodeHook, people buying madCodeHook and/or madExcept with stolen credit cards etc. I can block licenses where the payment gets charged back in newer installer versions, but I can't block them in older versions. So that's why I make older versions available only by request.

The 2.7.4.0 is the version of the installer. The installer contains a lot of separate packages which all have their own version numbering. E.g. madExcept.pas contains this for your use:

Code: Select all

const
  CMadExceptVersionString : PAnsiChar = '4.0.5';
  CMadExceptVersionNumber = $04000500;
immer000

Re: Download older version

Post by immer000 »

I see, that's understandable. Email sent.

The main package I was looking at for the version numbering was madCodeHook.