IDE hangs up after MadExcept message

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
BugDigger

IDE hangs up after MadExcept message

Post by BugDigger »

Hi, Mathias!

CB2007, madCollectionBeta 2.7.2.2, "Enable IDE exception catching"=true.

Yesterday IDE hanged up after MadExcept message (I don't remember exactly, the message even seems to have been in Russian): "Process is trying to release a synchronization object which it does not own".

I don't know if this is a problem in MadExcept.
IDE has a lot of bugs, but can MadExept provoke "hard hanging up" (when IDE does not react at all) in this case ?..
madshi
Site Admin

Re: IDE hangs up after MadExcept message

Post by madshi »

Normally madExcept should not cause such issues, but of course it's not impossible that madExcept causes the hang. I can't really say for sure whether it did in your case or not. The only way to find out is probably to keep an eye on how often such a hard hang occurs. And then after a while try with "Enable IDE exception catching" turned off and compare how often hard hangs occur then. Maybe you can find out this way whether madExcept increases the number of hard hangs or not.

FWIW, the "Enable IDE exception catching" feature is not really very important, so it's no problem at all if you feel safer with it turned off.
BugDigger

Post by BugDigger »

OK, I understand it.
I just thought that the new resource leaks detection features could make IDE errors "more critical". Do these new features work in IDE somehow?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Leak checking is forcefully turned off in the IDE, so as to not cause any problems.
BugDigger

Post by BugDigger »

Thanks for the explanation.