Adding madxxx into bpl?

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
ira

Adding madxxx into bpl?

Post by ira »

I create a bpl project. I add madcrypt to uses clause. I compile than IDE ask me to "Add madbasic_...." so madBasic_.dcp exist in Required list.

If my exe use the bpl file/run-time package, it will need madBasic_.bpl, right? How to prevent bpl from using madBasic_ in required list?
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Adding madxxx into bpl?

Post by madshi »

Just remove madBasic_.bpl from the list of runtime packages in your project options. That should be all you need to do. It's that edit box which sits right where you can disable/enable the use of runtime packages in your project settings.
ira

Post by ira »

But my bpl does not use runtime package ( "Build with runtime packages" is not checked)?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Ah, I'm sorry, my fault. Hmmmm... Three questions:

(1) Is your BPL a runtime BPL or is it a design time BPL? In other words: Will your BPL be loaded by the IDE?
(2) Does your exe use runtime packages? I suppose it does, correct?
ira

Post by ira »

1) runtime package
2. yes, it uses runtime package. rtl and mybpl are on the list of runtime packages.

I am missing something?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Theoretically you should be able to add madCrypt to your runtime package without having to use madBasic_.bpl. I'm not 100% sure why the IDE wants require madBasic_, without you telling it so. Maybe it's because madCrypt internally "uses" madTypes? Try adding both madTypes and madCrypt to your bpl. Does it work then?
ira

Post by ira »

I have tried to add madcrypt.pas and madtypes.pas. Delphi 2007 always asks for madBasic_. Delphi XE2 works fine (no need to use madBasic_).
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

<sigh> Don't know why this happens. Maybe in your BPL project try looking through all project related files created by Delphi with a text editor and check if madBasic_.* is listed anywhere. Then manually delete it. Maybe that helps? If all else fails, you could uninstall madCollection temporarily, with madCrypt.pas and madTypes.pas copied to your BPL folder. If it then *still* asks for madBasic_, something is wrong somewhere because after uninstall the IDE should not even know that madBasic_ exists.