Hmm.. Antivirus detect's a NewHeur_PE virus, Why?

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
Ahell

Hmm.. Antivirus detect's a NewHeur_PE virus, Why?

Post by Ahell »

Hello, madshi!

Whe I activated MadExcept 4(All versions of 4 release) in project and compiled it, my antivirus detect's a NewHeur_PE Virus. Why?

Antivirus: ESET NOD32 5.94
IDE: Delphi 7 and delphi XE2.
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Hmm.. Antivirus detect's a NewHeur_PE virus, Why?

Post by madshi »

Because anti-virus software sucks? False alarms are much too common these days. The security companies are not doing a very good job, obviously, as you can see. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about it. What you should do is complain to ESET about this. The better anti-virus companies are usually relatively quick in removing false alarms. For ESET, you could try complaining in this forum:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88

I'm really sorry this happened to you, but it's really not my fault... :?

One thing you could try is signing your exe with a code signing certificate. This often helps avoiding false alarms because anti-virus software relaxes a bit with properly signed files. Code signing cerfiticate could money, though.
Ahell

Post by Ahell »

So I'm has understood what is happened.
When i active MadExcept ONLY in my project and compile it, then AV detect a virus.
But i not understand why my software is a virus, when I attach to it a MadExcept :o Without it all is ok.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Your software is not a virus (I hope), madExcept is not a virus (I know), it's a simple false alarm.
Ahell

Post by Ahell »

Yes, my software isn't a virus. Without madexcept all is ok.
How can I understand what is wrong? :o

my soft work's with process(Setting process priority & affinity, make a rules for specified targets(process) and set to it a specified priority & affinity, or fully ignore it's from all program work). Default function of program is a dynamic switching process priority to specified, in application where is user work on now.

Nothing to, what could be made my program as a virus. :confused:

mybe problem is a madexcept32.dll? In MadExcept 3 that dll doesn't exists.
Can you explain how it work's after exe start execution, or on linking state at compilation procedure in delphi?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

madExcept32.dll is only needed when you activate the "active error search" options which are only meant to be used during debugging. If you haven't activated those options, madExcept32.dll isn't used at all. I'm not sure what else I can say, so let me repeat:

There is nothing wrong with your software, nor with madExcept. It is not your fault, nor is it mine. There is nothing you can do, or I. This is a fault in the anti-virus software and you have to ask *them* to fix their bug. It does not make any sense trying to fix this in your software or in madExcept because it is not our fault.

So as I said before, you should write to the forum I linked to earlier (just add a new topic with the title "false alarm, please fix" or something like that), add a link to your exe file download, and I'm pretty sure they'll have the problem fixed in very short time, by releasing a fixed NOD32 virus definition file.
Ahell

Post by Ahell »

False alarm occurs only when I was attached a madexcept to project.
Hm, maybe you steel have a MadExcept 4.0.1? I don't remember, exists that problem on it, or not.. :?

But, I would be send to AV forum my problem, thanks for discussion! :crazy:
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Could you post a link to your thread in the AV forum? Would like to follow that link myself to see what they say. Thanks!
Ahell

Post by Ahell »

madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Thx.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »