MadCollection and Custom Components in RAD-Studio

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
Pelle

MadCollection and Custom Components in RAD-Studio

Post by Pelle »

Hi,

initial testing of MadCollection was very promising and just recently, a license had been acquired.
Now some more serious problems turn up - or at least it seems so.

We are using
Embarcadero® RAD Studio 2010 Version 14.0.3615.26342
with
IDE Fix Pack 2010 3.5

and a bunch of external extensions (List&Label, LMD-Tools, ... to mention but a few)

We want to use MadExcept (and most of MadCollection) in a large project that contains (among a lot of other stuff) 4 components made by us. All files from us are in C++ (components and stuff...).
Everything worked fine until I opened the components project-files in the IDE. Since then, I cannot integrate Mad... (whatever) into our "normal" projects, since MadTools is contained in our components (and the IDE complains that it cannot use Mad... because MadTools is already contained).

I went / revisited the components project files and unchecked everything Mad... in the projects package options. However, I realized that none of the packages listed there was MadTools. So up 'til now I haven't found a way to remove MadTools from our components and thus cannot use Mad... in our normal projects (yet).

Any hints on how to resolve this conflict are highly appreciated.

Regards,
Pelle.
madshi
Site Admin

Re: MadCollection and Custom Components in RAD-Studio

Post by madshi »

I'm not sure where RAD Studio has still stored references to madCollection. Maybe some *.lib reference somewhere. I'd suggest to do a search in your project root folder (search sub folders, too) with the Explorer for "mad". You may find references like madBasic.lib, madDisAsm.lib, madExcept.lib etc. Make sure you remove them all.

Hope this helps?