F2051 Unit madDisAsm was compiled with a different version o

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
brian

F2051 Unit madDisAsm was compiled with a different version o

Post by brian »

Going crazy today after reinstalling my delphi etc. I get this error in any app using madKernel

[DCC Fatal Error] madkernel.pas(1488): F2051 Unit madDisAsm was compiled with a different version of madStrings.SubStr

Also if I enable madExcept, I get

[DCC Fatal Error] Project7.dpr(10): F2051 Unit madNVAssistant was compiled with a different version of madStrings.IsTextEqual

I've tried already uninstalling, trying to locate any madcollection dcus residing elsewhere.. found nothing, reintalled, still same error messages

madshi
Site Admin

Re: F2051 Unit madDisAsm was compiled with a different versi

Post by madshi »

Some questions:

(1) Are you trying to recompile madKernel.pas?
(2) Have you done any Delphi library path modifications?
(3) Do you have a commercial license to any of these packages? If so, to which?
(4) Do you have any mad* files in your project folder?
brian

Post by brian »

1/ just using it normally. new project, add madkernel to Uses, compile, the error triggers
2/ hm not sure what you mean. i havent changed the default paths; tried putting mad ones on top as well, same error

Code: Select all

C:\Delphi Libraries\mad\madKernel\Sources;C:\Delphi Libraries\mad\madBasic\BDS7;C:\Delphi Libraries\mad\madDisAsm\BDS7;C:\Delphi Libraries\mad\madExcept\BDS7;C:\Delphi Libraries\mad\madKernel\BDS7;C:\Delphi Libraries\mad\madSecurity\BDS7;C:\Delphi Libraries\mad\madShell\BDS7;C:\Delphi Libraries\mad\madBasic\Sources;C:\Delphi Libraries\ZlibX;C:\Delphi Libraries\Theme Manager\Design;C:\Delphi Libraries\Theme Manager\Source;C:\Delphi Libraries\DirectX\DelphiX\undelphix_1_08\Source;C:\Delphi Libraries\DirectX\DelphiX\undelphix_1_08\Source\Dcu120;$(BDS)\lib;$(BDS)\Imports;$(BDS)\Lib\Indy10;$(BDSCOMMONDIR)\Dcp;$(BDS)\include;C:\DELPHI~1\JEDI\jcl\source\include;C:\Delphi Libraries;C:\Delphi Libraries\AllPackages\bryan;C:\Delphi Libraries\AllPackages\buttons;C:\Delphi Libraries\AllPackages\graph;C:\Delphi Libraries\AllPackages\network;C:\Delphi Libraries\AllPackages\panel;C:\Delphi Libraries\AllPackages\sound;C:\Delphi Libraries\AllPackages\system;C:\Delphi Libraries\AllPackages\text;C:\Delphi Libraries\DSPack\src\DirectX9;C:\Delphi Libraries\DSPack\src\DSPack;C:\Delphi Libraries\FolderNotify\Source;C:\Delphi Libraries\GraphicEx;C:\Delphi Libraries\graphics32\Packages;C:\Delphi Libraries\graphics32;C:\Delphi Libraries\OverbyteIcsV6beta\Delphi\Vc32;C:\Delphi Libraries\Packs\Alcinoe3107\source;C:\Delphi Libraries\Packs\amdcpack;C:\Delphi Libraries\Packs\benlib;C:\Delphi Libraries\Packs\bi_lib;C:\Delphi Libraries\Packs\encrypt;C:\Delphi Libraries\Packs\flatstyle\Source;C:\Delphi Libraries\Virtual Treeview\Source;C:\Delphi Libraries\Packs\GDIPlusControls;C:\Delphi Libraries\Packs\GDIPlusControls\pas;C:\Delphi Libraries\Packs\kazip20\Component;C:\Delphi Libraries\Packs\menus\Source;C:\Delphi Libraries\Packs\rararc;C:\Delphi Libraries\SevenZipVCL_074;C:\Delphi Libraries\HSV Library;C:\DELPHI~1\JEDI\jcl\lib\d12;C:\Delphi Libraries\JEDI\JVCL\lib\D12;C:\Delphi Libraries\DirectX\DX10\Headers;C:\Delphi Libraries\Skin2\Src;C:\Delphi Libraries\skin3\Sources;C:\Delphi Libraries\SXSkin\SXSkinComponents;C:\Delphi Libraries\SXSkin\SXSkinComponents\Packages;C:\Delphi Libraries\DirectX\DX10\Headers;C:\Delphi Libraries\DirectX\Clootie_DirectX92\JEDI;C:\Delphi Libraries\Virtual Treeview\Source;C:\Delphi Libraries\Packs\GDIPlusControls\Package;C:\Delphi Libraries\JEDI\jcl\lib\d14;c:\delphi libraries\jedi\api\jwa\branches\2.3\packages\bds14\bin\single;C:\Delphi Libraries\JEDI\JVCL\lib\D14;C:\Delphi Libraries\JEDI\JVCL\common;C:\Delphi Libraries\JEDI\JVCL\Resources
3/ nope. just using madkernel mostly, and madexpect during beta builds, non-commercial app
4/ nope. I used to have madkernel a long while ago due a small modification I made for an unicode fix (posted in the forums about it actually back then), but not there nowadays. I tried searching in all my disks for any dcu or bpl etc files related to madcollection; only thing I found was 3 bpls used by Auslogics Disk Defrag. The folder inst in any path, but I tried deleting them anyway, nothing changed.

Been using the collection for years, and also in my laptop it's working just fine. Kinda helpless what next to look for now :(

For the madkernel error, I could fix it by removing the madDisAsm reference from the inc file, but madExcept still gives the other error.

Really appreciate any hints to try and fix this, mad units and madexcept are a big help in my apps :)
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Is that the library or source/browse path? If it's the library path then the "C:\Delphi Libraries\mad\madKernel\Sources;" doesn't belong there. In that case you must have added it manually. Remove it and remove mad*.pas/dcu from your project folder and the problem will probably go away.

P.S: "C:\Delphi Libraries\mad\madBasic\Sources" also doesn't belong into the Library path.
brian

Post by brian »

Thanks that worked, should have seen that :D not sure how those ended up there. Compiles perfect now, thanks :)
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

You must have manually added those paths, the installer has definitely not done that. Anyway, glad to hear that the problem is solved.