License question

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
viking

License question

Post by viking »

I need some explinations about licencing.

I develop some Delphi applications that are used only in our company.

Company do not sell this apps.

So, it means that those applications are not classic commercial software, but I am not sure where you put this kind of apps.

Which madExcept licence I need if I want to use it in those apps?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

If madExcept helps your company earning (or saving) money, then I think it's only fair if I get a reward for my help in form of a license. So if your company is a profit organization and sells products and if you then want to use madExcept in your software, this is considered commercial use, even if you use the software internally only.
viking

Post by viking »

madshi wrote:If madExcept helps your company earning (or saving) money, then I think it's only fair if I get a reward for my help in form of a license. So if your company is a profit organization and sells products and if you then want to use madExcept in your software, this is considered commercial use, even if you use the software internally only.
Thanks for quick response.

Sounds reasonable.

I work in Cable TV company and my software is used to inform our customers, so I think that you will put that in commercial use.

I will try to ask my boss to buy me the madExcept.

If my company do not want to do that, I will stick with jclDebug, becouse I do not have enough money to buy your software myself (developers are not payed much here).

But I can use madExcept for free for my own work at home that I do not sell and that is not used by company I work in, right?

Keep with good work.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

viking wrote:But I can use madExcept for free for my own work at home that I do not sell and that is not used by company I work in, right?
Sure!