madCollection doesn't work on BDS2006

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
jadedrachen

madCollection doesn't work on BDS2006

Post by jadedrachen »

Hello, (I'm a newbie in programming with Delphi)

I have a problem to install madCollection 2.5.2.0 so that it works correctly with BDS 2006.

After the Install-Process i get the message that all Packages succesfully installed.

Now, I want to integrate the mad-functionality into my actual Delphi Win32 Project. The Integration wasn't a problem.

Now, I can compile my project without any exception. But when I run the generated exe-File, i get the message like "madBasic_.bpl or madExcept_.bpl couldn't found" I follow the advice and uninstall madCollection and deleted all registry-entries, I restartet my computer and install madCollection again. After the new installation the problem still exists.

When I will run the project in Delphi the application stops in the Project - dpr - File without any exception or a definitly reason. So I will continue the application and Press F9 and then i get a "access violation" exception.

All packages are correctly installed and linked correctly and registry - entries available too.

What can I do, to work with madCollection?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Do you actually *want* to compile with runtime packages? If so, you need to copy the mad*.bpl files your project needs to your project folder (or to the system32 folder). Alternatively you can in the project options simply remove the mad* packages from the list of runtime packages.
jadedrachen

Post by jadedrachen »

I'm on top of the world.... the project runs now with madCollection.

I forgot to look after the global variabels.

I'm very thankful about your help madshi.