Roadmap / Future updates

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
DanielT

Roadmap / Future updates

Post by DanielT »

Hi,

the current official release of madCollection (v2.8.11.0 from 2021-12-27) still doesn't fully support Delphi 11.2 (here) after 4 months. I'm not aware of all threads and posts in this forum, but it also seems like there are other bugs waiting to be fixed (see here).

On the other hand, Embarcardero seems to be working on the next version of Delphi (Malawi) already. I have no information yet when to expect this version, but in light of your subscription model, I'd like to ask for your plans regarding MadCollection/MadExcept.

Could you please clarify when to expect an official update with support for Delphi 11.2?
If the version linked in the thread above is not suitable for an official release, could you please elaborate why and which risks it might bear when creating and publishing applications using this version?
Otherwise, could you please explain why this version hasn't already been published?

Also, could you please describe your plans regarding upcoming versions of Delphi and eventual bugfixes for MadExcept?

Thank you very much and best regards,
Daniel
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Roadmap / Future updates

Post by madshi »

The latest build fully supports Delphi 11.2 and AFAIK works perfectly fine:

http://madshi.net/madCollectionUpdate.exe

There are no bugs waiting to be fixed that I'm aware of. The "bugs" you mention are not bugs. madKernel and madShell are not part of madExcept and they do not support 64bit, so using them in 64bit and reporting that it doesn't work properly is not a bug. madKernel and madShell are not supposed to work in 64bit.

I've always supported new Delphi versions in the past, and usually very quickly, within days of their release, and I plan to continue doing that in the future.
DanielT

Post by DanielT »

Hello Madshi,

thank you for your quick reply.

As I said in another thread already: A link, somewhere spread around in a support forum is not an official release in my opinion. We don't know it exists (without search for errors). We don't know what it contains (and what not). And as for this, we don't even know if its safe to use.

If you consider this version to be an official release and safe to use, and you want us to use it and consider it an official release, then why don't you make it an official release?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

For the simple reason that I'm buried under 3 mountains of urgent work. E.g. there's a show in 2 weeks that I urgently need to prepare for, and basically I need every minute of time until then. Afterwards, it will be a bit more relaxed.
rsinmae

Post by rsinmae »

Any updates on an official release ?

Delphi 11.3 is now out as well so would be nice to have a newer release.

In the same boat as previous posters - if it's no on the main page it is not official (and cannot be easily found).

Found this thread but should not need to - especially for something we're paying for

Regards
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Ok, new installer 2.8.12.0 up with proper changelog, and the website is updated (you may have to press F5 to refresh).
rsinmae

Post by rsinmae »

Thank You Sir - downloaded and installed!