Hi-scores

directx boulder dash variation
Claes

Hi-scores

Post by Claes »

Hey folks! If you play Fruits, then feel free to post your hi-score here. Once Mathias gets attachments to work, you can even post a screenshot of it! ;)

Let me be the first:
20.640 :o
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Good score!
Claes

Post by Claes »

Hmm, disappointing to realize I'm the only one playing this nice game! :?

Anyway, my new hi-score is 24.890
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

I think there are some people playing it. But they probably don't read this forum. Or maybe they feel ashamed to post their (low) scores... :wink:
Claes

Post by Claes »

Hehe - maybe so... :redBalloon: :greenBalloon: :blueBalloon:
Claes

Post by Claes »

New hi-score: 36.100!

Mathias - please play a coupla games and post your best score, will you? I need a new goal! :redBalloon: :greenBalloon: :blueBalloon:
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

First try: 48350. 8)
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

I think the game is too easy, I have to make it harder... :D
Claes

Post by Claes »

First try... :( :lol: :sceptic:

And I do not think it's easy! I think I played around 500 games now - I wonder how many games you played to get that good...wauw.. ;)

Btw, a new enhancement request to the game (when you finally get bored with the madCollection...): Ability to record and playback a recording! :D
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Well, I definately played it more often than 500 times. About the enhancement: Yes, that's on my own wish list, as well... :wink:
Bart

Post by Bart »

Hello.
I come form Poland and my English is very poor... Please don't :lol: ... I play on Amstrad Frank Fruity, now thx that you program fruits on PC. But game hasn't hi-score table, maybe new version or patch ?? My hi-score is 69370 (I have print screen); and my first "ball" die after 20010 score (I have print screen too...) Sorry for my english, do you understand me ??
Bye
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Of course I understand you! Your score is quite good! :D I'll add a hiscore to the game later, I simply don't have time for that right now.

Just for my interest: Do you think my fruits game is easier than the original Amstrad game? In what area?
Bart

Post by Bart »

madshi wrote:Just for my interest: Do you think my fruits game is easier than the original Amstrad game? In what area?
I think that the level of difficulty on every of levels is good. The game is not easy... My family Hi-score: Mum ~10000, Dad ~25000, Girlfriend ~5000 :D We are older now and we use the computer better then several years earlier...but level of difficulty is OK!
tricks&tips:
1. In original Amstard game you could build "base"/"safe area"/"home" from fruit and apples, so that worms it couldn't kill you and you could shoot with ball ( between apple and fruit was larger space ) and you killed it. Now in fruits the space is smaller, and the angle of knock of ball is different => you can't do it.
2. If you begin level go forward and before worms' nest throw ball(kill 1st yellow worm), stand up for a moment on nest, will be bonus, run away in side! Only bonus, plum and strawberry will be. Particularly good advice on higher levels if it is a lot of yellow worms.
:crazy:
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Bart wrote:I think that the level of difficulty on every of levels is good. The game is not easy... My family Hi-score: Mum ~10000, Dad ~25000, Girlfriend ~5000 :D
Heh, isn't your girlfriend ashamed that your mother has a better hiscore than her? :oops:
Bart wrote:We are older now and we use the computer better then several years earlier...
Yeah, but I remember my dad playing the game for months (years?) during midday break and he had to fight hard to get even 2000-3000 points. So somehow I have the feeling that the original game was more difficult - although the point counting should be identical.
Bart wrote:1. In original Amstard game you could build "base"/"safe area"/"home" from fruit and apples, so that worms it couldn't kill you and you could shoot with ball ( between apple and fruit was larger space ) and you killed it. Now in fruits the space is smaller, and the angle of knock of ball is different => you can't do it.
Interesting!! I didn't remember that you could do that in the original game!
Bart wrote:2. If you begin level go forward and before worms' nest throw ball(kill 1st yellow worm), stand up for a moment on nest, will be bonus, run away in side! Only bonus, plum and strawberry will be. Particularly good advice on higher levels if it is a lot of yellow worms.
Yeah, I'm doing that, too, sometimes. But that's another thing I'm not sure of: Could you do that in the original game, too? Or did the "yellow worms" appear to often for that to work in the original game? Perhaps I should "disable" this trick?
Claes

Post by Claes »

If you begin level go forward and before worms' nest throw ball(kill 1st yellow worm), stand up for a moment on nest, will be bonus, run away in side! Only bonus, plum and strawberry will be. Particularly good advice on higher levels if it is a lot of yellow worms.
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, Mathias and Bart..! Please enlighten me... :crazy:

By the way: Nice hi-score, Bart!! :redBalloon: :greenBalloon: :blueBalloon: